Unit 7. Test 7A
1. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct passive form.
There is an old castle in Warwick which is believed to (1. haunt). It (2. call) Black Castle and it (3. say) that ghosts can (4. see) there at night. The castle (5. build) 300 years ago and (6. own) by two old ladies who (7. believe) to be witches.
One day, long ago, they both disappeared and they (8. never, see) again. In 1995 the castle (9. buy) by a businessman and (10. convert) into a luxurious hotel. The castle (11. visit) by quite a few guests every year and special groups (12. organize) to watch for ghosts. It has been a long time since any ghosts (13. see), but one night a trick (14. play) on some visitors by a local couple, who dressed up as two ”ghosts”. They (15. see) by a guest, who said she (16. frighten) almost to death. The couple apologized the next day.
2. Put the verbs in brackets into Past Simple or Present Perfect.
1. Jill: … (1. you/be) on holiday this year?
Fred: No, I (2. can/not) go, because I (3. break) my leg in July and (4. have) to stay in hospital.
2. Helen: … (5. you/visit) the British Museum yet?
Dan: yes, I (6. be) there three times, but I (7. not/see) everything yet.
3. Nan: I’m ever so sorry, Jim, but I (8. burn) your lunch. Mary (9. phone) and I (10. forget) about the food.
Jim: That’s OK. I (11. already/eat).
4. Kate: I (12. buy) a new coat yesterday, but when I (13. arrive) home, I (14. find) a hole in the seam.
Laura: What (15. you/do)? … (16. you/take) it back to the shop?
Kate: No, I (17. not/be) into town yet. I’ll do this afternoon.
3. Choose the correct word.
1. A test satellite was (launched/set out) from Cape Canaveral.
2. It seems difficult to remember at first, but after a while it becomes (essential/automatic).
3. I liked this (compact/cordless) camera because I can keep it in my pocket.
4. If affected by drowsiness, do not drive or (save/operate) heavy machinery.
А все в Passive должы быть?